Oh, right... WE have made pizza for breakfast... and possibly crossed whatever line separates merely liking pizza from being thoroughly obsessed.
It was so good there weren't even leftovers for lunch.
- Par-baked whole wheat crust (it's important to have fiber at breakfast, you know...)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Yukon gold potatoes, sliced paper-thin, spread in a single layer over the crust
- Generous dusting of old bay seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder, along with a pinch of celery seed and black pepper
- Grated mozarella and a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan
- Breakfast meat of choice, sliced and browned in a skillet ahead of time - we used chicken sausage, but pork sausage or ham or bacon would also be deeeelicious
If it doesn't seem like the egg whites are cooking enough, try gently covering the pizza with aluminum foil to trap some steam and help the top cook. The whites should be gelatinous, not runny, and the yolks will be a lovely over-easy. It's everything you've ever wanted for breakfast in one dish.