And I LOVED this pizza. I might go out on a limb and say this is my favorite pizza we've made so far. SO GOOD IT DESERVES ALL CAPS. (Whoa!)
Everything holds together in exactly the right way: texture, color, flavor. In fact, it has this perfect balance of fresh and salty flavors, where each delicious ingredient blends with the rest to make an even better overall flavor.
Lively and free, indeed.
Here's how you make it:
- Par-baked crust. We used whole wheat for this one, and I thought it was perfect.
- Spread of crushed tomatoes, aka salsa semplice (again, I recommend Pomi brand)
- Grated mozzarella
- Sliced crimini/baby bella mushrooms
- Thin strips of prosciutto or other Italian cured ham
- Sliced canned artichoke hearts
- Chopped fresh spinach