Chop a small onion and saute until soft and translucent, but not browned. In a blender, process the sauteed onions, 2 cups cooked black beans and 1 garlic clove. Add water or some reserved bean liquid to make a smooth, thick, saucy consistency.
TOPPINGS (layered in this order):
- Corn Masa Crust, par-baked
- A generous spread of the liquified beans
- Queso fresco, grated or chopped into tiny chunks (queso fresco is a white farm cheese available at Hispanic markets and many mainstream grocery stores)
- Grated mozzarella
- Cooked, chopped chicken breast
- Sprinkle of chopped cilantro
Bake at 450 degrees F for about 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust begins to brown. ¡Buen provecho!